I Wasn’t Interested In Politics – Goodluck Jonathan

Forum 8 years ago

I Wasn’t Interested In Politics – Goodluck Jonathan

Former President Jonathan said during his reception in Bayelsa yesterday that before he became deputy governor of the state, he had no interest in politics. Narrating how he dabbled into politics, Jonathan said,

“It all started with me and Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha. I knew Alamieyeseigha when he wanted to contest the governorship of Bayelsa State under the defunct United Nigeria Congress Party. That was the first time I knew Alamieyeseigha. We formed groups in every local governments – two persons to sign petition to enable Alamieyeseigha to contest. But a late Chief Judge asked me and one person from Ogbia to sign the petition. Even though I was a civil servant, I signed the document. I was in the Oil Mineral Producing Areas Development Commission then. Of course, when he started his campaign, I joined.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Heartstopper Season 3 Adds Hayley Atwell, Jonathan Bailey, & More to Cast
Forum | 1 week ago

Heartstopper Season 3 Adds Hayley Atwell, Jonathan Bailey, & More to Cast

Peter Obi Is Not Mixing Politics With Religion, Says Media Aide
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Peter Obi Is Not Mixing Politics With Religion, Says Media Aide

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu