UCL: Why Juventus beat Chelsea 1-0 – Ben Chilwell

Forum 2 years ago

UCL: Why Juventus beat Chelsea 1-0 – Ben Chilwell

Chelsea defender, Ben Chilwell, has given a reason why his side was defeated 1-0 by Juventus in the Champions League on Wednesday night.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0a56171a07d6936f42e7e5b89ede2df1.jpg

Chelsea could not produce more than one shot on target against Juventus as Romelu Lukaku and Kai Havertz struggled to find the target in Turin.

Federico Chiesa scored the only goal of the encounter to give Massimiliano Allegri’s men the victory over the Premier League giants.

Speaking to Chelsea’s official website, Chilwell said Juventus defeated Chelsea because the Serie A giants had a game plan and executed it very well against Thomas Tuchel’s men.

“They built from that the longer the game went on,” Chilwell said.

“They had a game plan and executed it very well. They grew in confidence, the crowd got behind them and it got more difficult for us to score. We did have a few chances but not enough clear-cut ones to win the game.

“We had a lot of possession, we weren’t at our best, but we stayed in the game until the very last minute when we had a chance to get a draw, which when you are not playing your best football is a good result when you come here.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 1 day ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 4 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge