​Liverpool boss Klopp excited to play Man City at Anfield

2 weeks ago

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp believes his side are ready to take on Manchester City at Anfield.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7aba921f3b8dfb0fc75b2084ccdb0345.jpeg

The Reds prepare to battle against last season's Premier League champions at the weekend, following an impressive Champions League win over FC Porto away from home.

Liverpool defeated Porto 5-1 in the group stages on Tuesday, but Klopp already has his mind on besting City at the weekend.

He told reporters, per the club's website: "Unfortunately, it didn't feel like that [scored 20 goals in September], but thank you for telling me! We conceded as well some or a few.

"We play against Man City, I don't think now it makes too much sense to think too much about how many goals we can score against them. We need a complex and complete performance against them to have a chance only and that's it.

"But I'm really looking forward to it, I'm looking forward to playing at home again after a while. We have to work hard, we had to work hard in all the games we had - tonight, last Saturday, which is only three days ago, it's really tough.

"But now we have two days more to the City game, which will be helpful, and then we will be fresh again and then give it a go. That's it."

Related Forums
NiMET boss decries vandalisation of sensors in airports
Forum

NiMET boss decries vandalisation of sensors in airports

3 hours ago
There’s Nothing Attractive About A Man Every Woman Wants – BBNaija Star, Tolanibaj Declares
Forum

There’s Nothing Attractive About A Man Every Woman Wants – BBNaija Star, Tolanibaj Declares

1 day ago
EPL: Rashford included in Man Utd’s squad to face Leicester City
Forum

EPL: Rashford included in Man Utd’s squad to face Leicester City

1 day ago
EPL: I am Man Utd’s manager – Solskjaer insists after dropping Ronaldo
Forum

EPL: I am Man Utd’s manager – Solskjaer insists after dropping Ronaldo

1 day ago