Arsenal legend Henry heap praise on Saka, Smith Rowe after beating Spurs

Forum 2 years ago

Arsenal legend Henry heap praise on Saka, Smith Rowe after beating Spurs

Arsenal legend Thierry Henry was very impressed with the club's young stars Bukayo Saka and Emile Smith-Rowe.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7074b27e1d99f01bbe61e57c8c3e69f1.jpeg

The former French striker was in attendance at the Emirates Stadium as Arsenal blitzed Tottenham on Sunday in the Premier League with three unanswered first half goals.

They went on to win the game 3-1, with Smith Rowe getting the first and Saka scoring the third goal for his side.

"Bukayo Saka and Smith Rowe, I think the team played really well especially in the first half," said Henry on Sky Sports.

"But then for me those two having a goal and an assist, Arsenal played that game as a derby as they should, I don't think Tottenham did especially in the second half.

"What a day, you want to see that more often than not, but for me the two kids, especially for the academy and what it represents.

"It is contagious, we need that Arsenal, we need this type of performance and that's why we care when the guys that add that DNA in them because they know what it is to win and not suffer against Tottenham."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City

Europa League: AC Milan legend wants Chukwueze to start crunch clash with Roma
Forum | 4 days ago

Europa League: AC Milan legend wants Chukwueze to start crunch clash with Roma

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat