John Cena and Kathy Bates Join Cast of Political Thriller The Independent

Forum 2 years ago

John Cena and Kathy Bates Join Cast of Political Thriller The Independent

John Cena and legendary actress Kathy Bates are joining the cast of the upcoming political thriller The Independent, according to a recent report from Deadline.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/de8d9ef889645c8e1205e52ab6d422d7.jpgThe two actors will join a cast that already includes Brian Cox (Succession) and Jodie Turner-Smith (Queen & Slim) in starring roles, setting the stage for a star-studded cast. The film will be directed by Amy Rice, with a script written by Evan Parter. Ryan Cunningham of Anonymous Content and Sam Bisbee of Park Pictures and Thea Dunlap are producing the film, with Caddy Vanasirikul of The Exchange and Evan Parter also attached as producers.

The Independent follows the story of “the final weeks of the most consequential presidential election in history,” according to Deadline. Jodie Turner-Smith plays a young journalist who, together with her idol (Brian Cox), will help uncover a conspiracy that could shift the entire election. The report notes that John Cena and Kathy Bates will play both Presidential candidates in the film.

After making a name for himself as a legend in the professional wrestling world, Cena has successfully made the leap into the world of Hollywood, starring in a variety of films, most recently James Gunn’s The Suicide Squad, where he played Peacemaker. Bates, on the other hand, has been a legendary actress for years now, having starred in films since the 1970s and winning an Academy Award for Best Actress for her role in Misery.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie
Forum | 3 hours ago

A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie

Now You See Me 3 Cast Adds Justice Smith, Dominic Sessa, & More
Forum | 17 hours ago

Now You See Me 3 Cast Adds Justice Smith, Dominic Sessa, & More

Superman Cast Finds Pa Kent DCU Actor
Forum | 21 hours ago

Superman Cast Finds Pa Kent DCU Actor

Snowflakes Cast Unveiled for FX Comedy Pilot From EP Nick Kroll
Forum | 21 hours ago

Snowflakes Cast Unveiled for FX Comedy Pilot From EP Nick Kroll