Snoop’s $17M NFT collection, movie sold as NFT, QAnon espouser sells tweets

Forum 2 years ago

Snoop’s $17M NFT collection, movie sold as NFT, QAnon espouser sells tweets

Hip-hop icon Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr., sometimes called Snoop Dogg, has published himself to be the pseudonymous NFT collector “Cozomo de’ Medici.”

Whilst Snoop has now not supplied additional rationalization past a Sept. 21 tweet unveiling his virtual id, Medici’s NFT wallet is value more or less $17.6 million, consistent with DappRadar. 

Snoop’s assortment includes a lengthy listing of NFTs, together with extremely sought-after CryptoPunks, Meebits and Artwork Blocks tokens. 

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/19f6308bb01cc4a9a1514d12503ab8bd.png

Cozomo de’ Medici pockets: DappRadar

Snoop’s CryptoPunks constitute maximum of his portfolio’s financial price, with the tokens estimated to be value $13.19 million. The gathering contains CryptoPunk #3831, which depicts a inexperienced alien dressed in sunglasses and sun shades this is estimated to be valued at $5 million

Whilst Snoop’s disclose may just include suave advertising and marketing designed to garner probably the most limelight being shone at the surging NFT markets, Cozomo’s Twitter account posted a thread 5 mins earlier than Snoop made the disclose claiming that they’d quickly dox themselves the use of their non-public account. 

“As my popularity is substantial, the tweet will without a doubt be came upon,” they stated.

THOSE THAT DON’T CARE, OR JUST FAVOR NOT TO KNOW THE SUPPLY OF MY HUGE POPULARITY AND FORTUNE, WOULD POSSIBLY MERELY NOW NOT ANALYSIS.

I WILL BE ABLE TO STAY THIS ACCOUNT SERIOUS ABOUT NFTS, AND NOW NOT POINT OUT THIS ONCE MORE RIGHT HERE.

⚔️ ~CDM

— COZOMO DE’ MEDICI (@COZOMOMEDICI) SEPTEMBER 20, 2021

This isn’t Snoop Dogg’s first foray into the nonfungible sector, because the cannabinoid fanatic prior to now collaborated with the artist in the back of the Nyan Cat meme to drop “Nyan Dogg” NFTs on 4/20 (an afternoon sacred amongst people who smoke) previous this yr. 

NFT collector’s clumsy safety practices result in $294K value of stolen NFTs 

An NFT collector who is going via the title “Baccredited” on Twitter said that hackers swiped $375,000 value of NFTs and tokens from two in their Ethereum wallets. 

In a Sept. 21 tweet, the sufferer tallied their losses, concluding that $294,000 value of NFTs and $81,000 value of crypto tokens were stolen from their accounts.

Baccredited famous that whilst they do not know precisely how the hackers won get admission to to their wallets, their non-public keys and seed words were saved in txt recordsdata on their pc, declaring:

“I KNOW THE WAY SILLY I USED TO BE. $375K VALUE OF SILLY. I PUT NON-PUBLIC KEYS AND SEED WORDS IN TXT RECORDSDATA ON MY MAC’S FILESYSTEM. THAT COULD BE A DANGEROUS CONCEPT. I DID NOT USE A {HARDWARE} POCKETS FOR HIGH-VALUE BELONGINGS. I DO KNOW. I DO KNOW. I KNOW”

The sufferer claimed to have NFTs from extensively standard collections comparable to Bored Ape Yacht Membership, Artwork Blocks, Meebits and Pudgy Penguins, marking a pricey lesson in non-public information garage for the collector. 

“Wow, compiling this actual listing did NOT really feel excellent AT ALL,” they added. 

Function Movie and Hybrid NFTs

Blockchain-based metaverse tech company Marvion is losing “Hyrbid NFTs” (h-NFTs) in partnership with Phoenix Waters Productions and AMM International as a part of the release of an upcoming characteristic movie named “Lockdown.” 

In keeping with Marvion, a Hybrid NFT is an built-in “good contract that may execute a transaction and likewise comprises the precise felony phrases of the highbrow assets possession and license.” 

The primary drop will come with 5 restricted editions h-NFTs that can be issued a month earlier than the Lockdown premiers in November. The h-NFTs will depict content material from the film, whilst the company could also be touting the drop of tokenized tickets for audience who attend reside screenings in Hong Kong and the UK. 

The plot of Lockdown follows the tale of an actor who partakes in an audition the place the casting director forces them to move a sequence of exams to forestall somebody round him from being killed. The solid contains Xander Berkeley, recognized for his roles in Terminator 2 and The Strolling Useless, and Hong Kong actress Anita Chui. 

The precise main points of the h-NFT s can be introduced within the coming weeks. 

Similar: Pundits say crashing flooring costs and promote quantity sign that ‘the NFT marketplace has died’

A tokenized QAnon conspiracy?

Ron Watkins, who is thought to be one of the most authentic espousers of the QAnon conspiracy concept, has introduced he’ll release an NFT assortment by means of public sale to fund a “vital challenge” that he says will “save The usa.”

The gathering is composed of 5 tokenized tweets from Watkins that had been retweeted via Donald Trump previous to the pair being banned from the platform previous this yr. 

“A couple of weeks in the past, I made up our minds to start out running on a secret challenge that I think will lend a hand save The usa. To lend a hand lift price range I am promoting a choice of 5 of my tweets that had been retweeted via President Trump as particular Non-Fungible-Tokens,” Watkins informed the 429,000 individuals of his Telegram crew.

The gathering is dubbed the “CodeMonkeyZ Freedom Sequence,” with the primary of the collection’ 5 NFTs recently up for public sale on OpenSea. Information about the “vital challenge” are but to be published. 

Roundup 

Cointelegraph reported on Sept. 21 that Sorare, a market for tokenized football buying and selling playing cards, raised $680 million in a Sequence B investment spherical led via Eastern fintech large SoftBank. 

Skilled wrestler and actor John Cena stated lovers simplest bought 7.4% of his International Wrestling Leisure (WWE) NFTs that had been dropped remaining month. Cena known as it a “catastrophic failure” as he cited the fee issues of the NFTs as being too excessive for lovers.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Soldiers Arrested For Allegedly Stealing Armoured Cables At Dangote Refinery In Lagos
Forum | 1 week ago

Soldiers Arrested For Allegedly Stealing Armoured Cables At Dangote Refinery In Lagos

GOMSU notice on collection of exemption certificates
Forum | 3 weeks ago

GOMSU notice on collection of exemption certificates

Reps Vow to Recover Two Govt Helicopters Sold to Private Individuals
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Reps Vow to Recover Two Govt Helicopters Sold to Private Individuals

Soldier Catches His Wife In Bed With Her Married Co-worker
Forum | 4 weeks ago

Soldier Catches His Wife In Bed With Her Married Co-worker