How to use FaceTime on Android smartphones

Forum 2 years ago

For years the FaceTime app could only be used using Apple devices, whether that is an iPhoneiPad or Mac, but now an Android user can join in on these video calls using their smartphone.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/23a2d11c0df098c88c3b4cd573be01ad.jpg

The release of Apple's new iOS 15iPadOS 15 and macOS 12 Monterey software has now made it possible for an Apple user to send an invitation to an Android user.

If you want to know how to join a FaceTime call whilst using an Android device, make sure to follow these steps below.

Before an Android user can join the call, the Apple user will need to 'Create a link' and choose how they want to send the link, so that could be via email, text message, Snapchat and so on.

Once the Android user has received the link, they will need to open the link using the Google Chrome app on their smartphone.

Upon entering Google Chrome, the Android user will be asked to enter their name before pressing 'Continue'.

The next step requires the Android user to press on the green 'Join' button from the floating pop-up option on the screen.

After the Android user has completed these three steps, the Apple user will be required to accept the 'Request to join' from the person using the Android smartphone.

Finally, once both the Apple and Android users are in the same FaceTime call, the Android user will be able to use the app like someone using an iPhoneiPad or Mac.

Other videocall options for an Android user

Should this not work, or if there are connectivity problems, another option would be to use an alternative videocalling app.

There are many different options that people can use now, including Google HangoutsGoogle DuoSkypeFacebook Messenger and WhatsApp.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Stop Wike’s Use of PDP to Remain Relevant – Secondus to Party Leaders
Forum | 2 days ago

Stop Wike’s Use of PDP to Remain Relevant – Secondus to Party Leaders

I Sing Better Than Most Of My Colleagues, They Use Autotune – Portable
Forum | 1 week ago

I Sing Better Than Most Of My Colleagues, They Use Autotune – Portable

Lady Sentenced To Four months Imprisonment For Assaulting KAI officials Who Arrested Her For Failing To Use A Pedestrian Bridge (Video)
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Lady Sentenced To Four months Imprisonment For Assaulting KAI officials Who Arrested Her For Failing To Use A Pedestrian Bridge (Video)

Late Night With the Devil Directors Explain the Use of AI Art Amid Backlash
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Late Night With the Devil Directors Explain the Use of AI Art Amid Backlash