How to enable Dark Theme on Google Chrome

Forum 2 years ago

How to enable Dark Theme on Google Chrome

Google Chrome is one of the globe's more widely used web browsers, standing alongside Firefox, however many users aren't aware that it is possible to change the aesthetic look of your web browser by enabling Dark Theme.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ce06dbed6a4dd3b5e0eab1ee93c84531.jpg

As has been the case since the early days of the internet, themes and colour schemes have been a vital and vibrant part of web UI design, and Google Chrome is no different, although in recent years there have been suggestions that there are actually health benefits to using darker screen colours in rooms that aren't particularly well lit.

What is Dark Theme?

Dark Theme is a process which changes all the UI elements of a Google Chrome browser to darker colours on the black/grayscale.

It will wrap around the current configuration of the web browser and no buttons or links will be disrupted, they will merely have a different aesthetic look about them.

How do I enable Dark Theme?

Google Chrome historically didn't offer colour themes in the way Firefox did, yet there has now been a change with Chrome supporting user-created themes which can be downloaded from the Chrome Web Store.

In order to give Chrome a dark interface, all you have to do is install of the aforementioned themes from the catalogue.

In recent times there have also been Google official browser themes released, including a Just Black model, which has received rave reviews by those who prefer the use of skins and themes on their web browser.

Will this only impact your homepage?

The reality is that changing the theme of your Google Chrome browser will only impact what you see, it doesn't change the format of other websites, such as Waploaded, however there are several add-ons in the Google Chrome Store which can be downloaded which change the text colour and colour format of independent websites.

One is called 'Dark Reader' and does just that for you, which is especially helpful to those who have eyes which are sensitive to white light.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Faceless After Dark Release Date Set for Meta Horror Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

Faceless After Dark Release Date Set for Meta Horror Movie

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy
Forum | 1 week ago

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy

Sunny Release Date Set for Apple’s Rashida Jones Dark Comedy
Forum | 1 week ago

Sunny Release Date Set for Apple’s Rashida Jones Dark Comedy