Real Madrid coach Ancelotti 'called Luiz before Flamengo move'

Forum 2 years ago

Real Madrid coach Ancelotti 'called Luiz before Flamengo move'

New Flamengo signing David Luiz was wanted by Real Madrid after being released by Arsenal this summer.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6d53de993d3e7d2705e17160fde768b7.jpeg

Globo Esporte says Real coach Carlo Ancelotti called Luiz, who would have been available for nothing after his Arsenal contract ran down.

The pair previously worked together at Chelsea during the second half of the 2010-11 campaign after the Brazilian signed from Benfica for £21.3million in the January window.

However, Ancelotti's attempts to recruit the 34-year-old failed because Real had already fulfilled their quota of non-EU players in the squad.

Luiz's Brazilian compatriots Eder Militao, Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo effectively put paid to his move to the Spanish capital.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola
Forum | 4 days ago

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 6 days ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England

Champions League: Why Haaland struggles to score against Real Madrid – Guardiola
Forum | 6 days ago

Champions League: Why Haaland struggles to score against Real Madrid – Guardiola