Chloé Zhao Says Eternals Will Have ‘Very Big Effect’ on MCU

Forum 2 years ago

Chloé Zhao Says Eternals Will Have ‘Very Big Effect’ on MCU

Speaking to Total Film in their most recent issue, Zhao says that she thinks her upcoming film will have some far-reaching effects on the rest of the larger Marvel world. https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7a1eb3c3f77e321a959132d85952dbdd.jpg“I think we stand alone as a film for sure,” Zhao said. “But I do think we will have a very big effect on the future of the MCU with what happens in this film. Which, you know, as a fan, is really satisfying for me! I geek out.”

While Zhao didn’t get into any specifics on what that statement means, it isn’t the first time she or other actors from the film have teased how big the upcoming film will be. Thankfully for fans anxious to find out what happens, as the film is set to release in just a couple of months.

Based on Jack Kirby’s Marvel comics of the same name, Eternals welcomes an exciting new team of superheroes to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The epic story, spanning thousands of years, features a group of immortal heroes forced out of the shadows to reunite against mankind’s oldest enemy, The DeviantsThe outstanding ensemble cast includes Richard Madden as the all-powerful Ikaris, Gemma Chan as humankind-loving Sersi, Kumail Nanjiani as cosmic-powered Kingo, Lauren Ridloff as the super-fast Makkari, Brian Tyree Henry as the intelligent inventor Phastos, Salma Hayek as the wise and spiritual leader Ajak, Lia McHugh as the eternally young, old-soul Sprite, Don Lee as the powerful Gilgamesh, Barry Keoghan as aloof loner Druig, and Angelina Jolie as the fierce warrior Thena. Kit Harington plays Dane Whitman.

Eternals is directed by Chloe Zhao, who is coming off from winning numerous awards including Best Picture and Best Director at the recent Golden Globe and Oscar awards. It is co-written by Matthew K. Firpo and Ryan Firpo with Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige set as the producer.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
X-Men ’97 Directors Talk Potentially Joining X-Men MCU Reboot
Forum | 11 hours ago

X-Men ’97 Directors Talk Potentially Joining X-Men MCU Reboot

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie
Forum | 11 hours ago

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing
Forum | 1 day ago

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing

EPL: We are in big trouble – Guardiola admits ahead of Man City vs Luton
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: We are in big trouble – Guardiola admits ahead of Man City vs Luton