FBI: Buhari’ll Take Final Decision On Abba Kyari – Police Minister Insists

Forum 2 years ago

FBI: Buhari’ll Take Final Decision On Abba Kyari – Police Minister Insists

The Minister of Police Affairs, Muhammad Dingyadi has said President Muhammadu Buhari will decide the fate of suspended Deputy Commissioner of Police, DCP, Abba Kyari, over his link with international cybercriminal, Ramon Abbas, aka Hushpuppi.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2a586e418c8a164ad9595f673f445b0c.jpeg

Dingyadi said the Nigerian government is determined to ensure that due diligence is done due to international involvement in the matter.

He said Buhari would decide the extradition of Kyari.

The minister said the committee constituted to probe the former DCP has concluded its works and its findings submitted to the Inspector General of Police.

According to the Minister:

“The issue of Kyari has become a public domain and I think by now everybody has heard that the police in their very wisdom, in their usual way of becoming transparent and fair to all have set up a committee to investigate all these allegations.

“We have also reported that the committee has submitted the report to the Inspector General of Police (IGP).

“We have also submitted this report and recommendations to the Attorney-General of the Federation for a legal opinion, thereafter, we will take it to Mr President for final consideration.

“So, you can see that even though this matter is a local matter here, it has some international connotations.”

Hushpuppi had implicated Kyari in the $1.1million internet fraud deal.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation, FBI, had accused Hushuppi of bribing Kyari to jail an errant member of his gang.

However, Kyari denied the allegation, stressing that he never received any bribe from Hushpuppi.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerian Police Arrest Suspected Vandal, Recover Stolen Cables In Enugu
Forum | 10 hours ago

Nigerian Police Arrest Suspected Vandal, Recover Stolen Cables In Enugu

I Was With Him During His Final Moments - Actor Onny Michael Fires Back At Those Who Attacked Him For Not Mourning Junior Pope
Forum | 18 hours ago

I Was With Him During His Final Moments - Actor Onny Michael Fires Back At Those Who Attacked Him For Not Mourning Junior Pope

Quentin Tarantino No Longer Directing The Movie Critic as Final Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Quentin Tarantino No Longer Directing The Movie Critic as Final Movie

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment
Forum | 2 days ago

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment