Man Utd great Scholes urges calm after Young Boys defeat: No disaster

Forum 2 years ago

Man Utd great Scholes urges calm after Young Boys defeat: No disaster

Manchester United great Paul Scholes has urged fans not to panic after their Champions League defeat at Young Boys.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7f323e6ed98bab5b99784718b8c9fe06.jpeg

United had the lead in Berne, but were overrun losing 2-1 as Aaron Wan-Bissaka was sent off for the visitors.

Scholes believes that manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer should have made substitutions at an earlier stage.

Scholes said: "It's not a complete disaster. Jesse (Lingard) will be disappointed. It all stems from the sending off. United were quite comfortable up to that point.

"They really couldn't get out of their half in the second half. I think they needed to bring a bit of pace on earlier, with Martial or Greenwood."

Scholes was also unimpressed with Wan-Bissaka's red. Wan-Bissaka caught his opponent's ankle and the BT Sport pundits agreed that, while there wasn't any real intent, there was no choice but for the 23-year-old to be dismissed.

Scholes said: "He causes himself his own problem with a really clumsy touch. I don't think he meant to do it but he had to go."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series
Forum | 1 day ago

A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series

Young Sheldon Georgie and Mandy Spin-off Teased by Stars
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Sheldon Georgie and Mandy Spin-off Teased by Stars

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 2 days ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer
Forum | 2 days ago

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer