Everton manager Benitez hails character shown by Davies, Iwobi

Forum 2 years ago

Everton manager Benitez hails character shown by Davies, Iwobi

Everton manager Rafa Benitez is pleased with midfield pair Alex Iwobi and Tom Davies.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6fb57fe8494257b045280e720a479ef8.jpeg

Benitez was delighted with the character shown by both in their Carabao Cup win against Huddersfield Town.

Benitez lauded the pair in his programme notes for Monday's visit of Burnley, saying: “I want to say how much I liked the character and determination of Alex Iwobi when he was hurt against Huddersfield but stayed on the pitch to help his teammates.

“Tom Davies, too, had a problem in his quadriceps but kept working so hard."

The manager also said: "The attackers are doing really well, not only because of the goals but also their overall contributions to the team.

“At Brighton, they worked hard to stop our opposition from building attacks in the way we wanted.

“The midfielders, as well, were disciplined. Their energy was amazing.

“When you put all this together, along with the desire we are showing, the signs are positive. If the organisation and work rate are strong, the chance to win games increases.

“Also, from a solid structure, the football can be creative and enjoyable to watch."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Church Member Hails Reverend Father As He Shoots A Gun During Service
Forum | 1 day ago

Church Member Hails Reverend Father As He Shoots A Gun During Service

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia
Forum | 3 days ago

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia

EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash