Norwich boss Farke proud of players in defeat at Arsenal

Forum 2 years ago

Norwich boss Farke proud of players in defeat at Arsenal

Norwich City boss Daniel Farke says they leave Arsenal with heads held high after Saturday's 1-0 defeat.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/246a439469fee2146e8d2ae6c9bcd7c5.jpeg

Farke was disappointed to see his side lose, despite a promising display from the Canaries.

“We're disappointed because we're not playing for great performances, we're playing for points," he said. “Football is all about being effective."

The Gunners took the lead when Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang appeared to score from an offside position, but VAR awarded them the goal.

“I haven't watched it back," Farke said. “Even if it was a mistake by VAR, it won't change the outcome. The goal was given. I'm concentrating on the things we can influence and performance, spirit and commitment-wise it was top class.

“The first 15 minutes were tough, which I expected because of a tricky international break and a few changes, but we fought our way into the game. From minute 25, we were on the front foot and dominating possession into Arsenal's half.

“We created many good situations but sadly missed the cutting edge in the final third to go into the lead.

“In the second half, we brought the game so much into their half and dominated. You always have to be awake because of the quality and pace of players like Aubameyang, Pepe, Saka and Smith-Rowe, who are always dangerous out of counter-attacks.

“We controlled all the situations quite well and then it was unbelievably unlucky, out of a questionable situation, to go down. Grant Hanley won the ball and it went against the arm of Saka. He stopped for one moment as he thought a free-kick was given. The scene developed to the situation with the goal when VAR was checking for a few minutes.

“I was pleased with our attitude. We brought many offensive players on the pitch, changed our base formation and had many set-pieces. We were close to equalising with Teemu in the last moments of the game. They had a few counter-attacks, which you have to accept when you take so many risks here at Arsenal.

“It was a tight game and I think the lads deserved to take something out of it but the outcome is a loss so we will be disappointed in the next few days."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Arteta reacts to Cole Palmer possibly missing Arsenal vs Chelsea

Serie A: Inter Milan defeat AC Milan to clinch 20th title
Forum | 3 days ago

Serie A: Inter Milan defeat AC Milan to clinch 20th title