ALBUM REVIEW: Johnny Drille - "Before We Fall Asleep"

Forum 2 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Johnny Drille - "Before We Fall Asleep"

Nigerian singer and performing artist, John Ighodaro who is professionally known as Johnny Drille finally shares his debut album tagged “Before We Fall Asleep".

Johnny Drille who is an alternative R&B singer and a member of Don Jazzy's Mavin records dropped the 'Before We Fall Asleep' years after gracing the music scene.

The 14-tracks album by Johnny Drille was released on September 3, 2021. It is an adorable body of work featuring Don Jazzy, Styl-Plus, Ladipoe, Ayra Starr, Chylde, Lagos Community Gospel Choir, Kwittee, and Cillsoul.

It is supported with a single tagged 'Loving is harder'.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8fff2921953be84a51cee6be3a67f423.png

• The first song MY KIND OF BROWN is a slow-paced love song. Johnny Drille performs in English and Pidgin as he narrates how the mysterious lover is so much more and his kind of brown.

• The second track Loving is harder is a funk R&B tune produced by Wilson music. It is the only single on this project.

• ludo is one of my favourite jams on this project. It is adorable to say the least. 7

• In ova, Johnny Drille recruits his boss, Don Jazzy to assist in this mid-tempo tune.

• Johnny Drille employs legendary R&B music group Styl-Plus for another powerful track on this album tagged odo.

• driving in the rain is calm. cozy jam featuring Mavin records rapper, Ladipoe.

• The next track is another love song produced and performed by Johnny Drille. BEFORE I LET GO is a perfect R&B song.

• Talented music producer, London teams up with Johnny Drille and Ayra Starr for in the light.

• Chylde and Johnny Drille link up for a spectacular alternative melody tagged CLOCKS. As guessed, it was produced by Johnny Drille.

• LIES (To Whom It May Concern) is a conscious tune from Johnny Drille who shines a light on some of the realities around us in a beautifully performed record.

• Johnny Drille and BurssBrain partner for a classic tune titled lost in the rhythm.

• SWEET AS A MOTHER'S LOVE is another beautiful record on this album. It's movie-friendly and could make it into Nollywood and even Hollywood movies.

• In SISTER, Johnny Drille teams up with Lagos Community Gospel Choir, Kwittee, and Cillsoul.

• The last track sell my soul is a magical tune produced and performed by Johnny Drille. It is a perfect song to end this beautiful ride.

RATING

Lyrics - 3/5

Production - 3/5

Performance - 4/5

AVERAGE RATING - 3.5/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Fallout Season 2 Update Given by Creators
Forum | 5 days ago

Fallout Season 2 Update Given by Creators

Fallout’s Walton Goggins Talks Ghoul Character: ‘I Will Do Anything in Order to Survive’
Forum | 1 week ago

Fallout’s Walton Goggins Talks Ghoul Character: ‘I Will Do Anything in Order to Survive’

Fallout Season 1 Premiere Release Date Moved Up
Forum | 1 week ago

Fallout Season 1 Premiere Release Date Moved Up

The Fall Guy Poster Previews Ryan Gosling-Led Action Comedy
Forum | 1 week ago

The Fall Guy Poster Previews Ryan Gosling-Led Action Comedy