Berbatov supports Ronaldo taking Man Utd No7 shirt

Forum 2 years ago

Berbatov supports Ronaldo taking Man Utd No7 shirt

Manchester United title winner Dimitar Berbatov says it's the right move for Cristiano Ronaldo to take the No7 shirt.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/54faae4eb7aee6d5c79df5a40f3b7c94.jpeg

New signing Ronaldo has taken his beloved No.7 off of team-mate Edinson Cavani – who now has the No.21.

Berbatov told Betfair: “Are you superstitious? The same goes for football players.

“The number plays a big, big role in a football player's life. In the case of Ronaldo, he is very attached to No.7.

"That number brought him great success over the last 12 years.

“Even if he wasn't No.7 he would be the same player because the number doesn't play, but sometimes we are like this as football players.

"You want that specific number. I always wanted No.9 when I was playing, especially at Tottenham.

"And I would also wear No.10 when I was playing Champions League football. It is important.

“It looks silly sometimes. Players can fight over numbers. One says: 'I want that number' and the other says: 'no it is already mine I am not giving it up to you'. You fight.

“But for some players it really matters."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise
Forum | 12 hours ago

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party
Forum | 1 day ago

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party

How Akwa Ibom Man Abandoned His Wife And 2-Year-Old Daughter In The Village To Live With His Side Chick In The Town
Forum | 1 day ago

How Akwa Ibom Man Abandoned His Wife And 2-Year-Old Daughter In The Village To Live With His Side Chick In The Town