​Tottenham star Kane confident about England progress after Poland draw

Forum 2 years ago

​Tottenham star Kane confident about England progress after Poland draw

England captain Harry Kane has no concerns about their ability to qualify for the World Cup.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/44e5c27ec280f74c43fc8536470b28a6.jpeg

The Three Lions are still top of their qualification group, but had to settle for a 1-1 draw in Poland on Wednesday.

Kane opened the scoring with a long range strike, but Poland's persistence was rewarded with a late equaliser in injury time.

Damian Szymanski gave them a share of the spoils.

"Obviously it's a tough one to take right at the end there," Kane told ITV's Gabriel Clark.

"I thought we handled the game really well, not an easy place to come and another tough game.

"We got ourselves and then we were seeing the game out well.

"Away from home, the pressure build and they put a good cross in and scored a good header. That's football.

"We are still five points clear at the top with four games to go..."

He added: "Look, I think there was a couple rebounds and a couple second balls and it just fell their way.

"They've put in a good ball and scored and that's football.

"We'll learn from it, watch it back and prepare for the next camp.

"Like I said, there's been two tough away games in this camp, we are still five points clear and we are still in a great position."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Down Cemetery Road: Emma Thompson and Ruth Wilson to Star in Apple TV+ Thriller
Forum | 3 days ago

Down Cemetery Road: Emma Thompson and Ruth Wilson to Star in Apple TV+ Thriller

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker
Forum | 3 days ago

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact
Forum | 5 days ago

Transfer: Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United make Adarabioyo contact

EPL: I didn’t say that – Ten Hag on playing UCL after 2-2 draw with Bournemouth
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: I didn’t say that – Ten Hag on playing UCL after 2-2 draw with Bournemouth