Keep Off During Buhari’s Visit, Imo Govt. Warns IPOB

Forum 2 years ago

Keep Off During Buhari’s Visit, Imo Govt. Warns IPOB

Imo State government has warned members of the outlawed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) to stay off during the visit of President Muhammadu Buhari.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8a3c1a20a606eab006c2e211029da00d.jpeg

The president is expected to commission some projects of Governor Hope Uzodinma on Thursday

IPOB is reported to have declared a sit-at-home order on Thursday, threatening that the president is not wanted in any part of South East.

However, the Commissioner for information and Strategy, Declan Emelumba, speaking to newsmen in Owerri on Wednesday, warned that no person should dare the resolve of the government to give the president a befitting reception.

He said:

“I have not heard of any sit-at-home by any group. I think the one I heard is the one that said they want their leader released and will be protesting any day he appears in court.”

“However, we are talking of a presidential visit. The president is visiting Imo and we will do everything thing to give a befitting reception. We have made every security arrangement in this regard and I assure you that Imo people are enthusiastic about the visit.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 2 hours ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge

Lagos Govt Arrests 25 Suspected Miscreants, Including Lebanese Squatting Under Bridges
Forum | 6 hours ago

Lagos Govt Arrests 25 Suspected Miscreants, Including Lebanese Squatting Under Bridges

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist
Forum | 6 hours ago

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist

Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians
Forum | 6 hours ago

Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians