SAD! 400 First Class Graduates, 5,140 Others Push For 100 Nasarawa Poly Jobs

Forum 2 years ago

SAD! 400 First Class Graduates, 5,140 Others Push For 100 Nasarawa Poly Jobs

Report has it that no fewer than 5,540 applicants have applied for the 100 vacancies approved by the Nasarawa State Government at Isa Mustapha Agwai Polythecnic, Lafia.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/faf0207dd7548f7c6a99a013d70edee0.jpeg

The Rector of the Polythecnic, Dr. Justina Kotso, made the disclosure on Tuesday in Lafia when the management of the institution appeared before the State House Assembly Committee on Education for its 2021 budget assessment.

She explained that the polythecnic was able to screen the 5,540 applicants and 767 of them were qualified for the job, out of whom were 400 first class graduates.

Kotso also disclosed that the institution under her watch had achieved a lot especially in the area of infrastructural development, Information and Communication Technology and improved security on the school premises.

“But as Oliver Twist, we are appealing for more funding because that is one of the challenges we are facing. We are prepared to continue to bring new innovations for the overall development of the institution” she added.

The Chairman, House Committee on Education, Daniel Ogazi, urged the rector and management of the polytechnic to absorb academic and non-academic casual staff who had been working in the institution for a long period of time before considering other fresh applicants in its ongoing recruitment.

“Some of them have been working as casual staff for many years and now that the government has approved employment, I urge you to absorb them before you consider fresh applicants,” he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: He’s now world class – Thierry Henry hails Man City star
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: He’s now world class – Thierry Henry hails Man City star

Lucy Recounts Sad Experience With Davido’s Security
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Lucy Recounts Sad Experience With Davido’s Security

I Quit - Popular Singer, Lizzo Makes Sad Career Announcement, Says
Forum | 2 weeks ago

I Quit - Popular Singer, Lizzo Makes Sad Career Announcement, Says 'The World Doesn't Want Me'

Fed Poly Offa change of date for 30th matriculation ceremony
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Fed Poly Offa change of date for 30th matriculation ceremony