​Aston Villa keeper Martinez speaks out after Brazil & Argentina fiasco

Forum 2 years ago

​Aston Villa keeper Martinez speaks out after Brazil & Argentina fiasco

Aston Villa goalkeeper Emi Martinez has spoken about the fracas between Brazil and Argentina in a World Cup Qualifier.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a98afa8fae7467c63577aa0faab8eb75.jpeg

Argentina traveled to Brazil to play on Sunday, but the game was abandoned after a few minutes.

Remarkably, immigration authorities came to the arena to deport Martinez and three of his teammates, after they reportedly lied on immigration forms and did not state they had been in England in the previous 14 days.

"It is a shame because we were going to win," said Martinez, per TyC Sports.

"We were confident, the team was doing well. We prepared for three days in Brazil to play the game and to have it cancelled after five minutes is a bitter feeling.

"We had everything to win it and for political reasons, I don't know what happened, it was cancelled, and we had to go back.

"We did not understand. We waited to see if we would go back out. Then they told us we had to go."

He added: "The four of us decided to come for the love of the shirt.

"Even though all of the Premier League did not want to come, we decided to come anyway.

"After winning the Copa América, the whole team wants to be with the group, not just to give the team victory.

"It is something beautiful, and we assume the consequences."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up
Forum | 5 days ago

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up

EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold

Keeper of the Lost Cities Movie in the Works at Warner Bros.
Forum | 1 week ago

Keeper of the Lost Cities Movie in the Works at Warner Bros.

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai
Forum | 1 week ago

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai