UNCOVERED: Griezmann's Barcelona contract in detail

Forum 2 years ago

UNCOVERED: Griezmann's Barcelona contract in detail

Sport have published the details of Antoine Griezmann's contract at Barcelona.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a83a1a571f0413c92da99222d604be03.jpeg

The striker has moved to Atletico Madrid on a season-long loan.

It's been revealed Griezmann earned a fixed 17 million euros in his first season that rose to 21 by his last season, 2023-24. The contract had 2.5m euro bonus each season if he played 60 per cent of the club's minutes. He achieved that in both seasons he was at Barca.

There were other variables too. Winning the treble would have earned him 4 million euros. Griezmann got a bit of the Champions League bonusfor reaching the semi finals in his first season and the quarters in the second.

Griezmann earned 25.5m euros in his first season, plus 21 million in his second. If he achieved all bonuses he could have earned 33.5 million in his first season, 29.5 in his second, 37.5 in his third, 38 in his fourth and 39 in his fifth. In total 177.5m. He did get paid 46.5.

Griezmann's salary was the second highest in the squad behind Lionel Messi, but there's not too much difference between his and Coutinho's or the club's captains, who reduced their deals recently.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story
Forum | 2 weeks ago

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story

EPL: Nottingham Forest to trigger Aina’s contract extension
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: Nottingham Forest to trigger Aina’s contract extension