Sign Anti-Open Grazing Bill – Group Urges Oyetola

Forum 2 years ago

Sign Anti-Open Grazing Bill – Group Urges Oyetola

A socio-cultural group, Kiriji Heritage Defenders, has urged Osun State Governor, Gboyega Oyetola, to sign anti-open grazing bill recently passed by the state House of Assembly.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3b2f91504f33ece569c26563d1862862.jpeg

This was contained in a statement by the Director General of the group, Dr. Ademola Ekundayo, on Sunday.

Ekundayo expressed that the bill, when signed into law would enable farmers to engage in farming activities without fear.

Ekundayo, also added that the law would protect lives and property and prevent incessant clashes between herders and farmers.

The statement read in parts:

“The bill as passed has provided the state the backing to contain atrocities linked to the criminal herdsmen. When it becomes law, there will be needed constitutional cover for farmers, who are mostly victims of the nefarious activities of the criminal herders.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
SPORT 19 mins ago Mohammed urges Tornadoes players to forget defeat to Doma United
Forum | 13 hours ago

SPORT 19 mins ago Mohammed urges Tornadoes players to forget defeat to Doma United

Melissa Barrera Is Open to Starring in Scary Movie 6 Following Scream Exit
Forum | 1 day ago

Melissa Barrera Is Open to Starring in Scary Movie 6 Following Scream Exit

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai
Forum | 2 days ago

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 3 days ago

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals