Belgium coach Martinez hails Chelsea's 'iconic' striker Lukaku

Forum 2 years ago

Belgium coach Martinez hails Chelsea's 'iconic' striker Lukaku

Belgium coach Roberto Martinez has sung the praises of Chelsea's 'iconic' striker Romelu Lukaku.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7995137c04708bbbfa7f3a6cc9385922.jpeg

Lukaku reaches 100 international caps today at the age of just 28.

He will become only the sixth Belgian to reach the milestone and there promises to be a big celebration with their fans allowed back into the King Badouin Stadium in Brussels for the first time since the pandemic.

"I think he is a living iconic figure of Belgian football. One hundred caps, 66 goals, at his age. He has a phenomenal attitude," said Martinez.

"I hope he can go onto 125 or maybe 150 caps. Sometimes you take for granted what we have.

"These players don't come often. I want to give him a big thank you for the commitment he has given the national team over the years."

Lukaku said: "It's a very proud moment for me and my family to be added to this list of players who have reached a hundred caps."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 5 days ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: I want to coach top team – Fabregas hints at return to England

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash

Transfer: Napoli identify top striker to replace Osimhen
Forum | 1 week ago

Transfer: Napoli identify top striker to replace Osimhen