Besiktas signing Pjanic blasts Barcelona coach Koeman

Forum 2 years ago

Besiktas signing Pjanic blasts Barcelona coach Koeman

Besiktas signing Miralem Pjanic has hit out at Barcelona coach Ronald Koeman.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ebe20287b20247e97aed7ebea7b62a2a.jpeg

A year after leaving Barca, Pjanic has been loaned to Besiktas for the season.

"When I was there, I saw all of the players that I had dreamt about playing with. It was always my goal to play for a club like Barcelona, but I didn't expect such a complicated situation," he admitted.

“I was happy at Juventus, but Barcelona spent two years trying to sign me but couldn't. Then came another opportunity and they took it. I was very happy, which was normal as I was going to play for the club I dreamt of playing for as a child.

“I had a lot of expectations because I had always started, done well and progressed wherever I was previously – at Roma or Juventus. I was ready to take this step after nine years in Italy, I wanted a challenge and it was the right moment. But then I found a coach that, I don't know…

“Right now, today, I don't know what he wanted exactly. He didn't try to explain things to me or find a solution. I would go to ask him what he wanted from me, positionally or what I was doing well or badly. I wanted to adapt as quickly as possible to the team and be useful. You need 17 or 18 players from a squad to win titles. He didn't have problems with my play and didn't give me answers," the midfielder continued.

“Time went on and the situation went from bad to worse, without any reason. Like I said, I was being professional, so this is difficult to understand. Many people on the inside didn't understand it either. Then there was this opportunity to leave and I wanted to listen to that because I need to play. I know what I can bring to a team, but you need confidence and dialogue and things to be said to your face.

“I'd have preferred things to be said to me directly, but it was what it was. It was a very odd way of communicating and it's the first time I've ever experienced this. I've had a very good relationship with all of my coaches. I don't know what happened, I honestly don't know. He didn't want responsibility or confrontation because I guess that couldn't be handled."

So, did he felt insulted?

“By the coach, yes. Yes," Pjanic said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

Who Be Your Papa? – Nollywood Actor, Emeka Ike Blasts Alleged Son Who Left School For Music
Forum | 5 days ago

Who Be Your Papa? – Nollywood Actor, Emeka Ike Blasts Alleged Son Who Left School For Music

Brian Cox Blasts Ridley Scott’s Napoleon, Calls Joaquin Phoenix Terrible: ‘It’s Totally His Fault’
Forum | 1 week ago

Brian Cox Blasts Ridley Scott’s Napoleon, Calls Joaquin Phoenix Terrible: ‘It’s Totally His Fault’

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat