Chalobah still pinching himself after amazing season start with Chelsea

Forum 2 years ago

Chalobah still pinching himself after amazing season start with Chelsea

Trevoh Chalobah is still pinching himself over his start to the season with Chelsea.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8a3fb286e29b8fa82b5b319d537a1d05.jpeg

The young defender helped the Blues to a European Super Cup triumph against Villarreal before scoring his first Premier League goal in debut in victory over Crystal Palace.

He told the club's website: "It's been a great start and it was a complete surprise. I'd played in the pre-season games, got good minutes and did well, but it was a final and you expect the manager to play the senior players. I only found out when I saw the team sheet a few hours before the game and my name was in the starting line-up, I was over the moon. To play in a final, especially a European final, to go and win it as well, was just unbelievable.

"Going into penalties you never know how it's going to go and it was a nervous moment, but the boys were confident when they went up to take them. I was next to take a penalty after Rudiger, but then Kepa saved theirs so all the pressure got taken off."

On the Palace game, Chalobah also said: "I just couldn't believe it. It's every kid's dream to play in the Premier League, that was my dream for years, being a ball boy, going to watch games, seeing Champions League nights at Stamford Bridge. Starting my first-ever game for the club at the Bridge is a moment I can never forget and then I topped it off with a goal, which was obviously a very nice feeling.

"I wouldn't have shot from there very often. Most of my goals have been in the box, a header or a tap in, but as it came to me I could hear the fans saying 'shoot' and that's the only reason I did it. I didn't know it had gone in until I heard them cheering. That's when I dropped to my knees, I just couldn't believe it."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
House of the Dragon Season 2 Video: Cast Reveals Which Team Deserves the Throne
Forum | 3 days ago

House of the Dragon Season 2 Video: Cast Reveals Which Team Deserves the Throne

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 3 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge