Newcastle defends Summer Market Spending

Forum 2 years ago

Newcastle defends Summer Market Spending

Newcastle United have defended their lack of spending in the transfer window and say claims money has been taken out of the club are "wholly untrue".

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fb13c46120e40bba93036cbcb11368c3.jpeg

Fans were critical that midfielder Joe Willock was the only major signing, at a cost of over £20m, while other Premier League clubs spent more.

Defending their recent spending, which included a club record £40m on forward Joelinton in 2019, and citing a report which claims the club's net spend was the 10th highest in the Premier League, the club said: "Since summer 2019, the club has made nine permanent signings and taken five players on loan.

"Our net spend over this period is about £120m* [£160m spent on players and £40m received from sales].

"We have delivered on our commitment to spending what we have, and indeed because of our business this summer, have spent more to secure our primary target.

"To suggest otherwise is misleading and claims that money has been taken out of the club are wholly untrue."

The Magpies said they also wanted to underline how "the club retained its best players despite the obvious financial challenges".

They added: "We ask all our loyal supporters to get behind their team, because we are stronger together."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Jnr Pope: What Exactly Is Her Crime? She Was Only A Victim Of Circumstance - Uche Ogbodo Defends Movie Producer, Adanma Luke
Forum | 2 days ago

Jnr Pope: What Exactly Is Her Crime? She Was Only A Victim Of Circumstance - Uche Ogbodo Defends Movie Producer, Adanma Luke

I Wouldn’t Be Where I’m Without You - Tobi Makinde Defends Funke Akindele
Forum | 6 days ago

I Wouldn’t Be Where I’m Without You - Tobi Makinde Defends Funke Akindele

One Person Dead, 8 Injured In Dosunmu Market Fire – Lagos Govt Gives Update
Forum | 6 days ago

One Person Dead, 8 Injured In Dosunmu Market Fire – Lagos Govt Gives Update

“Funke Akindele called me to call Jumoke”- Jide Awobona defends actress
Forum | 1 week ago

“Funke Akindele called me to call Jumoke”- Jide Awobona defends actress