Count Me Out Of 2023 Presidential Race — Akeredolu

Forum 2 years ago

Count Me Out Of 2023 Presidential Race — Akeredolu

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State, yesterday, denied nursing any presidential ambition in 2023, describing it as a ‘needless distraction’.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d19ed06d29cdcba638341face466ceee.jpeg

Akeredolu, in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Richard Olatunde, distanced himself from promotional activities linking him with the 2023 Presidential election.

It will be recalled that in the last two weeks, campaign posters and fliers urging Governor Akeredolu to contest the next Presidential election have flooded social media.

The latest poster showed an Akeredolu/Buni joint APC ticket. Mai Mala Buni is the Chairman of the APC Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee and governor of Yobe State.

But the governor dismissed the development. The statement reads: “Undoubtedly, the development is no less a needless distraction.

“Though Mr. Governor’s constitutional right, qualification and competencies are not in doubt, this particular campaign does not represent in any manner, his immediate political disposition.

“For emphasis, Governor Akeredolu who has just been re-elected wishes to be left to focus on deepening good governance in Ondo State.

“We advise all those involved to be guided just as he holds the firm view that only God can put men in position.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: It’s not over yet – Declan Rice on title race after Arsenal defeat

EPL: They’re not out of title race – Gary Neville reacts to Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Villa
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: They’re not out of title race – Gary Neville reacts to Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Villa

EPL: Man City cannot drop points – Guardiola on title race ahead of Luton clash
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Man City cannot drop points – Guardiola on title race ahead of Luton clash

Fly Me to the Moon Trailer Previews Channing Tatum, Scarlett Johansson Space Race Comedy Movie
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Fly Me to the Moon Trailer Previews Channing Tatum, Scarlett Johansson Space Race Comedy Movie