Barcelona confirm Ansu Fati will take over Lionel Messi’s No. 10 shirt

Forum 2 years ago

Barcelona confirm Ansu Fati will take over Lionel Messi’s No. 10 shirt

Barcelona confirmed on Wednesday that Ansu Fati is the club’s new No. 10 and will take over the famous shirt from Lionel Messi.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/69a7315091769c7b4d4bfce75a20f14c.jpg

There has been plenty of speculation since Messi’s departure about who, if anyone, would inherit the iconic shirt and it’s gone to the 18-year-old.

It’s a big call from Barca, particularly as Fati is still on his way back from a serious knee injury, but there’s no doubt that the attacker is the club’s great hope for the future.

It’s still not clear when we’ll get to see Ansu back in action. There had been rumors he’d be fit after the current international break, but Ronald Koeman seemed to suggest that wasn’t the case in his most recent press conference.

“We don’t have to rush. I think that Ansu still needs more time to compete at the best level. We are talking about a player who has been out injured for 7-8 months and you can’t recover your best form in 2 weeks. I don’t want to say a date. He needs more training sessions because we want to have Ansu for a long, long time and we won’t take a single risk.”

The news comes after a dramatic deadline day from the Catalan giants that saw Antoine Griezmann, Emerson Royal, Ilaix Moriba, and Rey Manaj depart, while Luuk de Jong arrived on loan from Sevilla.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
CONFIRMED: Nollywood actor Junior Pope is still alive, rushed to Asaba hospital
Forum | 1 week ago

CONFIRMED: Nollywood actor Junior Pope is still alive, rushed to Asaba hospital

EPL: His best game in Arsenal shirt – Alan Smith hails forward after 3-0 Brighton win
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: His best game in Arsenal shirt – Alan Smith hails forward after 3-0 Brighton win

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story
Forum | 2 weeks ago

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story

LaLiga: Xavi to stay at Barcelona in shock u-turn
Forum | 2 weeks ago

LaLiga: Xavi to stay at Barcelona in shock u-turn