Done Deal: Standard Liege sign Likonza from TP Mazembe

Forum 2 years ago

Done Deal: Standard Liege sign Likonza from TP Mazembe

The Belgian heavyweights will assess the midfielder during his stay in the team with an option for a permanent deal

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8d2a7d7249216b1cf91c5f7ff1704631.jpg

Standard Liege have confirmed a loan move, for the Democratic Republic of Congo midfielder Glody Likonza.

The attacking midfielder has been playing for Tout Puissant Mazembe, and after impressing during the trials, the Belgian outfit has opted to sign him on loan but with an option to buy him. The latter have confirmed the latest development for the Congolese.

"Standard Liege, TP Mazembe and Glody Likonza have reached an agreement," the club revealed through their official website.

"The 23-year-old Congolese midfielder will be loaned to the Rouches this season [with an option to buy]. Glody arrived for trials just under a month ago after a long period of unavailability due to a ruptured knee cruciate ligament.

"He has joined the club on loan this season with the main aim being getting back in top shape step by step. We hope he will be back to his former best form as seen during the Caf Champions League with his team.

"Our club warmly welcomes Glody Likonza and wishes him the best in our colours."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job
Forum | 6 days ago

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job

Transfer: Manchester City’s deal for Sullivan revealed
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Transfer: Manchester City’s deal for Sullivan revealed

Transfer: Swedish club, Norby IF sign Nigerian youngster
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Transfer: Swedish club, Norby IF sign Nigerian youngster

My Humility Is Not A Sign Of Weakness – Fubara Fumes, Discloses Reason For Accepting Tinubu’s Peace Pact
Forum | 4 weeks ago

My Humility Is Not A Sign Of Weakness – Fubara Fumes, Discloses Reason For Accepting Tinubu’s Peace Pact