I Worked For Aregbesola’s Success, Don’t Know Why He Won’t Support Me – Oyetola

Forum 2 years ago

I Worked For Aregbesola’s Success, Don’t Know Why He Won’t Support Me – Oyetola

Osun State Governor, Gboyega Oyetola has expressed that members of ‘The Osun Progressives,’ a factional group within the state chapter of the All Progressives Congress, are not speaking the mind of his predecessor and Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, regarding his reelection.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/69db8d111786340b41ded3f99191e6bb.jpeg

Oyetola stated this in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Ismail Omipidan, on Saturday.

He stated that having worked for the success of Aregbesola’s eight-year reign, there was no reason Aregbosola would not support his reelection bid.

According to Omipidan’s statement, Oyetola spoke at the weekend while featuring on a live radio interview as part of the activities to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the creation of Osun State.

He said:

“Well, those people – I’m not too sure about the people that have been saying that they are saying his (Aregbesola’s mind). I believe he (Aregbesola) is my brother and I believe at any point in time, he wants my success because I worked very hard for eight years for his own success as well.

“If people are saying that (that they won’t support me) I’m not too sure they are telling the story from his (Aregbesola’s) own heart. He remains my brother. They are not speaking his mind. Like I said, I don’t see why he would not be willing to support me if the people say they want me.

“Talking about issue of second term, my attitude is to deliver on what I am currently doing. I don’t want to be distracted. It is service to the people. If the people believe that they want me to continue, so be it. It is not a desperate situation.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Succession’s Jeremy Strong Eyed for Role in Bruce Springsteen Biopic
Forum | 4 days ago

Succession’s Jeremy Strong Eyed for Role in Bruce Springsteen Biopic

Wonder Woman 3: Chris Pine ‘Stunned’ After DC Rejected Sequel
Forum | 5 days ago

Wonder Woman 3: Chris Pine ‘Stunned’ After DC Rejected Sequel

Takes One To Know One: Olivia Cooke and Jamie Bell To Lead Romance Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Takes One To Know One: Olivia Cooke and Jamie Bell To Lead Romance Movie