Man Utd boss Solskjaer urges Cavani to show club loyalty

Forum 2 years ago

Man Utd boss Solskjaer urges Cavani to show club loyalty

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is insisting Edinson Cavani remain in the UK and not join Uruguay's World Cup qualifying campaign.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b95a6063facce90d72908871b39fb4c4.jpeg

Premier League clubs have unanimously agreed to withhold players who would be forced to spend 10 days in hotel quarantine should they honour call-ups next month.

With Uruguay still on the UK's 'red list', that would be the case for Cavani, who responded cryptically in posting a series of question marks along with a picture of the Premier League's statement on social media.

Solskjaer is willing to stand firm on the matter, and said: “It's a fact that if you have to have 10 days in a hotel quarantining with no chance to train, no chance to keep your fitness up then you'll need another 10-14 days to get back up to fitness again – and then you've got to fly again.

“It's an impossible situation for the clubs, it's an impossible situation for the players. We understand that there are rules and broader issues here, that's why we have to follow the rules.

“If there was a choice for me, playing for Norway or playing for Man United, I know who my employer is."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 11 hours ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 1 day ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Seyi Law Lays Curses On X User Who Accused Him Of Leaving A Club With A Pr*stitute
Forum | 1 day ago

Seyi Law Lays Curses On X User Who Accused Him Of Leaving A Club With A Pr*stitute

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd