OFFICIAL: Zouma Joins West Ham On Permanent Deal

Forum 2 years ago

OFFICIAL: Zouma Joins West Ham On Permanent Deal

French defender Kurt Zouma has left Chelsea for fellow London club West Ham United after signing a four-year contract.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/de001227d8cec5bfaf8cbb354bf5e7d9.jpg

West Ham announced the signing on their official website on Saturday night.

A statement from the Hammers read:”West Ham United is delighted to announce the signing of France international Kurt Zouma until the summer of 2025.

“The 26-year-old central defender joins for an undisclosed fee from Chelsea, where he accumulated two Premier League titles, one UEFA Champions’ League winner’s medal and one EFL Cup winner’s medal during a seven-year career.

“A prodigious talent who boasts great pace, strength, technical proficiency and the experience of 165 Premier League and 27 top-level European appearances, Zouma further strengthens manager David Moyes’ top-of-the-table West Ham team ahead of their first-ever venture into the Europa League group stages.

“He currently holds eight full international caps with France, having progressed through all junior levels with the national team since the Under-16 age group, and will this week again join up with Didier Deschamps’s squad for their World Cup qualifiers against Bosnia, Ukraine and Finland.”

Speaking on signing for West Ham, Zouma said:

“I’m very happy and very proud.

“My conversation with the manager went very fast. I just felt like he really wanted me to come and join the team, especially a good team that’s started the season very, very well.

“With the great season that West Ham had last year, that gave the team a lot of confidence to improve this year – and I want to help the team do that.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Wolf Man: Matilda Firth Joins Cast of Universal Horror Movie
Forum | 14 hours ago

Wolf Man: Matilda Firth Joins Cast of Universal Horror Movie

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 20 hours ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge

SPORT 29 mins ago Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham
Forum | 21 hours ago

SPORT 29 mins ago Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham

Forum | 23 hours ago