Everton boss Benitez confident he can help Iwobi reach potential

Forum 2 years ago

Everton boss Benitez confident he can help Iwobi reach potential

Everton boss Rafa Benitez is confident he can help Alex Iwobi reach his potential.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/44481e00fd6d7aac2ddcd0061d41caec.jpg

Iwobi scored Everton's opening goal in the Carabao Cup victory over Huddersfield Town on Tuesday and drew further praise from his manager for staying on the field after a second-half injury.

“When I was analysing all the stats, not just watching the games… he is one of the players who has the potential and energy and could do well," said Benitez.

“My job was to try to give him confidence and adjust a couple of things in the way he is playing and his understanding of the game.

“I am really pleased with him and I think the fans can see a big difference in these three games from last year.

“He was injured [at Huddersfield] and carried on trying to help the team because we had 10 players.

“He was a key part in the success and I think the fans will really appreciate his commitment to the Club.

“We are working on his position and when he receives the ball and what he has to do [in possession in different areas] and the delivery.

“I know he has incredible condition and work rate and his physicality is really good.

“He has to improve in the final third, he knows that.

“It is just to be sure he makes things simple, then he can score goals and give assists.

“He is doing well and growing in confidence."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Senior Aide To Emir Of Zamfara, Shamaki Pleads For Help From Terrorists
Forum | 3 days ago

Senior Aide To Emir Of Zamfara, Shamaki Pleads For Help From Terrorists' Den

Mind Body Spirit Trailer Delivers Self Help Horrors
Forum | 5 days ago

Mind Body Spirit Trailer Delivers Self Help Horrors

‘He’s becoming more important’ – Rangers boss hails Dessers
Forum | 5 days ago