Christensen to sign new four-year Chelsea contract

Forum 2 years ago

Christensen to sign new four-year Chelsea contract

The Blues centre-back has found a breakthrough in his talks with the west London club and is set to extend his dealhttps://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4c4ca57e49348a8f9cfcd185d4573976.jpg

Chelsea have agreed a new four-year contract with Andreas Christensen, which includes a club option to keep him for an extra year beyond that.

The 25-year-old's current deal was set to expire in less than a year and had he failed to agree with Chelsea, he would likely have left the west London club.

However, after two months of talks, the Denmark international has finally come to terms with the Stamford Bridge outfit over a new deal which will see him increase his salary.

It is understood that the central defender has negotiated a significant pay rise but also shunned talks with a host of clubs that tried to turn his head.

Having joined the Blues at the age of 16, he is known to feel an affinity towards Chelsea and he will now likely surpass 10 years with the team.

Under Thomas Tuchel, Christensen has produced his best form and he was a key player in the run that saw Chelsea win their second Champions League trophy last term.

"I feel like I am getting close but I still think I can get better than I have been. I play more and get more fit if that makes sense. I've been playing a lot and growing a lot," Christensen said in a response to Goal ahead of the final.

He followed up his good form with Chelsea to be a key player for semi-finalists Denmark at Euro 2020.

It's a remarkable turnaround for the defender who hadn't been a big part of former manager Frank Lampard's plans. Christensen was only offered a one-and-a-half year extension to his current contract in January, before Tuchel arrived.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Fall Guy Gets Meta in New Videos for Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt Action Movie
Forum | 6 hours ago

The Fall Guy Gets Meta in New Videos for Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt Action Movie

PDP To Elect New Chairman In August
Forum | 9 hours ago

PDP To Elect New Chairman In August

Spyro Emails Portable, Requests Collaboration On a New Song
Forum | 13 hours ago

Spyro Emails Portable, Requests Collaboration On a New Song