Arsenal outbid Juventus for Locatelli - Sassuolo chief Carnevali

Forum 2 years ago

Arsenal outbid Juventus for Locatelli - Sassuolo chief Carnevali

Sassuolo chief Giovanni Carnevali has confirmed Arsenal offered more money than Juventus to sign Manuel Locatelli.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/28529264a4e3caf9aebe0e6ecc8bbbb5.jpg

The Italy midfielder instead joined Juve in a €37.5m transfer after telling Sassuolo he preferred Turin over London.

Speaking to Gazzetta di Modena, Carnevali said: "[It's] not easy to understand for those who do not have the skills. This operation has brought a positive result and benefits to both clubs, even if certain technicalities are complicated to explain.

"Surely it is wrong to say and think that we 'gave' Locatelli to Juve for two years, someone even spoke of an immoral operation.

"These are senseless concepts. The reality is that at the end of the 2022/23 season for Juve, the obligation to sell will be triggered and we will be guaranteed to collect the over 37 million agreed upon."

On Arsenal, he added: "They offered us 40 million, but Locatelli's will was to go only to Juventus and we did everything to please him. A request, that of Arsenal, which cost us something…"

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If we don’t beat Tottenham, Arsenal will win title – Guardiola
Forum | 19 hours ago

EPL: If we don’t beat Tottenham, Arsenal will win title – Guardiola

EPL: He’s back at his best – Petit tells Arsenal to sign Man Utd outcast
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: He’s back at his best – Petit tells Arsenal to sign Man Utd outcast

Wike vs Fubara: I was offered money to impeach Rivers gov – Chief of Staff, Ehie
Forum | 1 day ago

Wike vs Fubara: I was offered money to impeach Rivers gov – Chief of Staff, Ehie

EPL: He’s very special – Jesus hails Arsenal star
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: He’s very special – Jesus hails Arsenal star