BREAKING: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike

Forum 2 years ago

BREAKING: Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike

The National Industrial Court, Abuja division, on Monday, ordered the Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) to suspend its nationwide strike.

Recall that the doctors had on August 1 embarked on an indefinite strike over alleged irregular payment of salaries other issues.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d341b42e4ee416aa05ccea87d7e90ca8.jpeg

Despite efforts by lawmakers to mediate between the federal government and NARD, the strike had continued to date.

The FG had also instituted a suit against the association demanding an order interlocutory injunction which would stop the striking doctors from continuing the industrial action.

In a ruling on the ex parte application on Monday, judge John Targema asked all parties in the suit to suspend all forms of hostilities pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice.

He said:

“Having looked especially on the affidavit of extreme urgency, the grounds of the application, the affidavit in support of same and arguments of counsel for the applicant. I also weighed the submissions and arguments of counsel on the law as it stands on this application.

“It is hereby ordered that claimant/applicant and the defendant/respondent suspend all forms of hostilities forthwith pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 4 hours ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara
Forum | 10 hours ago

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara

Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush
Forum | 10 hours ago

Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 2 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC