Thomas Tuchel lists five things he loved about Romelu Lukaku’s Chelsea debut in Arsenal win

Forum 2 years ago

Thomas Tuchel lists five things he loved about Romelu Lukaku’s Chelsea debut in Arsenal win

Romelu Lukaku scored simply 14 mins into his Chelsea debut following his £97.5million transfer from Inter Milan and the Belgian drew particular reward from his boss Thomas Tuchel

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

The video will auto-play quickly8Cancel

Play now

Tuchel units Lukaku Chelsea function goal for season

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f7d4e726f1504de6060270a65bbb21ba.jpeg

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel declared his happiness with how Romelu Lukaku has settled into the crew after scoring on his 2nd debut within the 2-0 win over Arsenal. 

The Belgian was once making his first look in a blue blouse for 8 years, having sealed a £97.5million transfer again to Stamford Bridge from Inter Milan in August.

Lukaku had no longer scored in any of his earlier 10 league appearances for the Blues however wasted no time in getting off the mark, desiring simply 14 mins to fireplace the guests into the lead.

It was once a function proper out of the striker’s textbook, drawing in Gunners defender Pablo Mari sooner than bursting into the field and shrugging off the Spaniard, sooner than tapping house from shut vary.

Romelu Lukaku ratings his first function since rejoining Chelsea in opposition to Arsenal

The 28-year-old additionally had a hand in the second one function scored by means of James having held up the ball fantastically and was once a continuing risk throughout the fit.

And Tuchel may just no longer cover his satisfaction with how his new striker fared on his first day out, describing his seamless transition into the squad.

“I’m more than pleased with how he has built-in already,” Tuchel informed Sky Sports activities after the fit.

“He’s a highly intelligent man. He’s an overly democratic chief, talks to everyone as a pacesetter and may be very humble and aggressive.

Arsenal and Chelsea avid gamers rated and slated as Romelu Lukaku stars and Pablo Mari flops

Arsenal 0-2 Chelsea: 5 speaking issues as Romelu Lukaku downs hapless Gunners with debut function

Mari and Rob Preserving had been utterly outmuscled by means of the robust frontman and just a tremendous save from Bernd Leno denied him a 2nd function.

“He provides one thing to our sport we didn’t have as he protects the ball so we will play direct.

“You’ll be able to’t get started higher than with a function and virtually scored a 2nd nevertheless it was once a large save from Leno. It’s a excellent get started however we need to beef up from right here.”

Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku embraces his trainer Thomas Tuchel on the ultimate whistle

When requested about what he sought after from Lukaku on his debut, Tuchel insisted he was once anticipating a function from his new striker.

“I didn’t be expecting an excessive amount of,” he added.

“I sought after to be open to observe him to peer his strengths and capacity to conform and hyperlink up with Havertz and Mount. The fellows love to play with each and every different.”

Thomas Tuchel’s distinctive response to Chelsea chiefs after studying plan to sack Frank Lampard

Romelu Lukaku main points Didier Drogba dialog following £97m Chelsea go back

Tuchel was once willing to congratulate his facet for a forged begin to the season which has observed them ranking 5 targets and concede none. However the 47-year-old has challenged his Champions League winners to proceed development against extra good fortune.

“It’s a great get started. We didn’t concede and now we have two victories,” Tuchel added.

“This being a London derby provides us numerous self belief – that is what you want as we’re other team. Some avid gamers have left, some have are available. That is what you want, stories in combination and excellent victories.

Thomas Tuchel is keen to peer extra from Chelsea after becoming a member of Liverpool on the best of the Premier League
(

Symbol:

Getty Pictures)

“There have been moments the place we suffered in combination. That is how a gaggle is constructed. That’s why we’re proud of the beginning.

“However as I’ve stated it was once a singular preparation and we’re nonetheless within the procedure. We should stay on going.”

Lukaku had his title chanted by means of the away reinforce after bullying the Arsenal defence and firing 8 photographs on function — probably the most by means of any Chelsea participant for the reason that get started of closing season. 

Sky Sports activities pundit Gary Neville claimed the way in which he bossed the Arsenal defence was once “vintage Lukaku”, whilst there have been inevitable comparisons to Didier Drogba and Diego Costa.

And there was once no loss of self-confidence from the previous Manchester United striker when he was once requested to evaluate his personal efficiency. 

“Dominant, I’d say,” he stated.

Romelu Lukaku ratings for Chelsea in opposition to Arsenal after a ‘dominant’ show
(

Symbol:

Michael Regan/Getty Pictures)

“I attempt to beef up each time, I’ve an extended method to cross however lately was once excellent to win. We need to win and stay going, the Premier League is an overly aggressive league.” 

Chelsea have joined Liverpool on the best of the Premier League on equivalent issues and function distinction after claiming most issues. 

However one thing has were given to offer when the 2 aspects meet at Anfield on August 28, with Tuchel and Klopp assembly as soon as once more after the Chelsea boss masterminded a 1-0 win closing season.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Labour Lists Seven Demands, Wants Creation Of State, LG Police
Forum | 20 hours ago

Labour Lists Seven Demands, Wants Creation Of State, LG Police

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 2 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves