Bruno Lage expecting ‘big welcome’ for Nuno Espirito Santo on Wolves return

Forum 2 years ago

Bruno Lage expecting ‘big welcome’ for Nuno Espirito Santo on Wolves return

Wolves boss Bruno Lage expects former supervisor Nuno Espirito Santo to get a “giant welcome” from Wanderers enthusiasts when he returns to Molineux on Sunday.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6618af568551c6327e84ca70d285f1a0.jpeg

This is a fast go back for Nuno, whose 4 years in price ended on the finish of closing season.

The 47-year-old earned promotion to the Premier League as Championship name winners, recorded successive seventh-placed finishes within the best flight in conjunction with a run to the Europa League quarter-final whilst on the membership, which he nonetheless holds pricey.

Now in control of Tottenham, Nuno has mentioned this week that it’ll be “particular” when he returns to his previous stomping floor along with his new membership.

Sunday’s fit can also be Lage’s first aggressive house sport in price and whilst he expects his fellow Portuguese to obtain a heat reception, he additionally desires the enthusiasts to get firmly at the back of his group.

“He’ll get a large welcome, him and his body of workers,” mentioned Lage. “Like I’ve mentioned ahead of, what he did right here used to be wonderful. From Championship to Premier League and to play within the UEFA Cup, it used to be 4 wonderful years.

“I feel the enthusiasts will give him a large welcome however after the whistle they’re going to improve us, to lend a hand us to win the fit.

“They can’t fail to remember what he did right here, however after the whistle they’re going to be at the back of me and my group. We’re operating arduous to proceed to deliver luck to the membership.”

Requested if Nuno’s in-depth wisdom of Wolves shall be a bonus, Lage answered: “It may possibly lend a hand, however at the moment we all know the entirety concerning the opponent.

“The way in which we learn about the warring parties, the way in which we will see the video games, we will analyse the entirety.

“I feel we’re equivalent. However, in fact, he is aware of our avid gamers higher than the avid gamers he has at Tottenham at this level.”

Lage’s maiden house sport as Wolves boss may just see Raul Jimenez make his first aggressive look at Molineux for 9 months.

The striker returned after recuperating from a fractured cranium as Wanderers started the season with a 1-0 defeat at Leicester closing weekend. The Mexico global is predicted to stay his position within the beginning line-up.

Defensive duo Yerson Mosquera and Willy Boly stay out with hamstring accidents, in conjunction with Pedro Neto, Jonny (each knee) and Daniel Podence (groin).

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Shoresy Season 3 Poster Celebrates Return of Letterkenny Spin-off
Forum | 1 day ago

Shoresy Season 3 Poster Celebrates Return of Letterkenny Spin-off

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances

Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel
Forum | 4 days ago

Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League
Forum | 4 days ago

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League