Man City boss Guardiola insists no concern if Kane fails to arrive

Forum 2 years ago

Man City boss Guardiola insists no concern if Kane fails to arrive

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola insists he's happy with his squad.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0cc211a5c28843d9a297259a153da8df.jpeg

The Premier League champions are in a stand-off with Spurs over England captain Harry Kane, who Tottenham value at £150 million – and Guardiola has suggested he will be satisfied even if the two clubs cannot agree a deal by August 31.

Asked whether he would be content with his squad if the deadline for signings closed today, Guardiola insisted: "Absolutely. More than happy.

"It's the same team, except Sergio for Jack Grealish, that we had last season."

On last week's defeat at Spurs, Guardiola reflected: "We have to play for 111 points [in the remaining] 37 games. I cannot deny we would have preferred to have three points [to begin the season].

"We have to start to win points, of course, if we want to be near the top of the league. I would like to see the team be a little bit better, in many aspects, than the game against Spurs."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
30-year-old Man Defiles Landlady
Forum | 11 hours ago

30-year-old Man Defiles Landlady's 13-year-old Daughter In Rivers

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 13 hours ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

Appeal Court Fails To Hear EFCC’s Suit Against Kogi Ex-Gov Yahaya Bello
Forum | 1 day ago

Appeal Court Fails To Hear EFCC’s Suit Against Kogi Ex-Gov Yahaya Bello