Actress Lerato Mvelase Recounts Her Spiritual Journey To Becoming A Sangoma

Forum 6 years ago

Actress Lerato Mvelase Recounts Her Spiritual Journey To Becoming A Sangoma

Popular actress and singer Lerato Mvelase has revealed that she was reluctant to embrace her gifts as a traditional healer when it first manifested for fear of being drawn into dark magic.

Her christian family didn’t help matters either as they resisted her calling because they didn’t understand it.

“I come from a family that was more on the church side so my mom did not understand it,” she told DJ Fresh on Metro FM.

Lerato explained that her spiritual gifts started to show when she was just a child. But, she didn’t get much support from her family at the time. Besides, she couldn’t embrace her gift either because she thought there’s some kind of connection to black magic in it.

“I also didn’t want it because of how it was introduced to me. It was always represented as dark and dirty and evil. So, I stayed far away from those things because, for me, It was not what I wanted. I wanted something beautiful. My energy must be clean,” she said

Lerato said her also aunt tried to convince her mom to let her use the gifts given to her. However, things took a different turn when she got older and always had this feeling that something was missing from her spirituality.

“You can have the most beautiful life but something is missing and you might not never understand what it is until you take the calling. Once I did that, the joy that I felt. I believe that anything can go wrong in my life and I am still full. I walked around empty but now I am full because I know who I am,” she added.

Subsequently, the actress embraced her calling and went through training in 2015.

According to Lerato Mvelase, the experience could make you appear like an attention-seeker when going through the calling stage. People might even think that there’s something wrong with you.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Singer, Spryro Expresses Fear For The Next Generation Of Parents, Recounts How His Mum
Forum | 5 days ago

Singer, Spryro Expresses Fear For The Next Generation Of Parents, Recounts How His Mum's Prayer Transformed Him To A Celeb

Actress Lola Alao Recounts Humiliating Slap While Doing Caregiver Job in Canada
Forum | 5 days ago

Actress Lola Alao Recounts Humiliating Slap While Doing Caregiver Job in Canada

Actress Peggy Ovire Celebrates Her Husband, Freddie Leonard On His Birthday
Forum | 1 week ago

Actress Peggy Ovire Celebrates Her Husband, Freddie Leonard On His Birthday

Actress Nancy Isime Sends Message to Late Mother
Forum | 1 week ago

Actress Nancy Isime Sends Message to Late Mother