Rotational Presidency Cannot Solve Nigeria’s Challenges – Jega

Forum 2 years ago

Rotational Presidency Cannot Solve Nigeria’s Challenges – Jega

Former Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Professor Attahiru Jega has expressed that a rotational presidency cannot solve Nigeria’s challenges.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8f13479b27c2ce8cfe6111a880045ef1.jpeg

The former INEC chairman stated that ahead of the 2023 elections, the onus is on Nigerians to “interrogate the capacity of that person to lead this country.”

Jega made the remark during an Arise TV programme on Monday.

“The way Nigeria is now, we need the best person with competence, capacity, experience to be the president to get this country out of the challenges we have presently,” the former INEC chairman said.

“That person can come from the north, south, east or the west, but the important thing is that even if political parties decide that a candidate should come from a particular area, what we need to do is that Nigerians must interrogate the capacity of that person to lead this country appropriately.

“This idea of rotational presidency cannot take us out of the challenges we have in this country, presently.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 2 days ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 4 days ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist
Forum | 4 days ago

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist

Nigerian Army Troops Foil Kidnap Attempt, Neutralize Notorious Terrorist In Taraba
Forum | 4 days ago

Nigerian Army Troops Foil Kidnap Attempt, Neutralize Notorious Terrorist In Taraba