Twitter Roasts Bonang For Going MIA On A Student She Promised To Help

Forum 6 years ago

Twitter Roasts Bonang For Going MIA On A Student She Promised To Help

Bonang Matheba found her name trending on Twitter for the wrong reason, again.

Twitter users are having a field day dragging the TV personality on the streets for apparently failing to fulfil a promise to help a certain student pay for her varsity fees.

According to the screenshots making the rounds on the platform, it started seven months ago when a student who tweets under the name Amber Run, tweeted about how she lost an opportunity to go to China to start work because she was owing a large amount on her varsity fee account. Apparently, the debt could not allow her to get her degree which she would need to start work.

Subsequently, Bonang responded to the tweet, offering to help with the fees. The media star sent the student messages, asking for her contact details. She also promised that her office would get in contact to discuss settling the account.

Seemingly, after Bonang heard that the amount was R56,000, she apparently went MIA on her.
She unfollowed the girl and blocked the channel of communicating with her on Twitter. Queen B also stopped responding to her messages which was her only way of reaching out to her.

After several months of getting no feedback from Bonang, the girl sent out a string of tweets today, telling her side of the story. She explained to whoever cared to listen how she was left stranded by the media personality and businesswoman.

This caused Bonang to start trending on Twitter
with many weighing in on the matter.
Consequently, Twitter was divided with team Bonang trying to defend her while others insisted on dragging her.

Bonang has reached another level of crueltyshe approaches someone then goes Mia&block her instead of saying sorry I can't help. @RevlonSA pic.twitter.com/QzwVPUdrop
— Maria (@Maria98365727) September 25, 2017

are you surprised this is South Africa Africans will be Africans they go Mia left right and center
— Dee-dee(@DeeedeeeRadebe) September 25, 2017

Wait till someone offers to help you…and they leave you hanging…to all of you defending Bonang.
— Muze (@Muze74234945) September 25, 2017

Tweep: I need help financially
Bonang: say Nomore, how much?
Tweep: 56k
Bonang : unfollows/block
Tweep: pic.twitter.com/TxqC02k4q3
— IG @AdvBarryRoux (@AdvBarryRoux) September 25, 2017

Maar Bonang should've replied to the girls DM's at least to let her know if she will still help or not
— NaJIYANE (@Thulile_Matladi) September 25, 2017

Team Bonang was particularly disconcerted over the fact that the user who posted the screenshots decided to tag Revlon on it.
so why tag revlon. Even though she offered she doesnt owe that girl ish. Ya'll are reaching with this hate man!!
— Ditebogo (@Di_Lunit) September 25, 2017

Why are you tagging Revlon . I don't know how Bonang cops with you people who are on a serious mission to destroy her. She still needs …
— Siphiwe Shangase (@ShangaseSiphiwe) September 25, 2017

Notwithstanding, some Twitter detectives traveled through time to dig up tweets which Amber Run had tweeted about AKA cheating on DJ Zinhle. Thus, they concluded that this could be Bonang’s reason for blocking her off.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 16 hours ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo
Forum | 4 days ago

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo

Plateau University Student Killed Hours After Asking God For Protection Over Gunshots By Armed Men
Forum | 4 days ago

Plateau University Student Killed Hours After Asking God For Protection Over Gunshots By Armed Men

Missing Delta University Student
Forum | 5 days ago

Missing Delta University Student 'Spotted In Her Boyfriend’s Residence'