‘You’ll Be My Father Now’ – Gov Abiodun Tells Obasanjo After Losing Dad

Forum 2 years ago

‘You’ll Be My Father Now’ – Gov Abiodun Tells Obasanjo After Losing Dad

Following the death of the biological father of Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, has decided to make former President Olusegun Obasanjo his father.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6e96ff6c319e9b19a1ec75a5309dde3b.jpeg

Obasanjo visited Abiodun to pay his condolence to the family with the loss of his father in his Iperu country home. Obasanjo spoke at the occasion and tasked the living to take a lesson from the death of the 89-year-old man. He added that everyone would answer the call of death one day, so we should be careful of how we live our life.

Abiodun said: “Baba, you are going nowhere. By the grace of God, you will live longer. We can not afford your going now. You have been my ‘father’ over the years, but now that my biological father has gone to meet with the Saints, you have to step up now to be my father,”

In other news, National Chairman of the Peoples Democrat­ic Party (PDP), Prince Uche Secondus, and other members of the National Working Committee (NWC) have decided to back down and not vie for reelection in the upcoming national convention of the par­ty,

a chieftain of the party and former national chair­manship aspirant, Chief Ray­mond Dokpesi, was engaged in a chat with Daily Independent where he made the submission.

He disclosed that the reelection is coming off in October, this year and no member of the National Working Committee (NWC) is contesting.

He said: “Tanimu Turaki, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and for­mer presidential aspirant who was at the meeting quoted co­piously from the constitution especially section 47 (1) of the PDP constitution 2017 (as amended) which gives NWC members the right to occupy offices for a maximum of two terms of four years each.

“He also told those present that if they go ahead and ban Secondus and others from contesting, the party may enter into another round of litigation which may cause a crisis that is even bigger than the current one.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Church Member Hails Reverend Father As He Shoots A Gun During Service
Forum | 11 hours ago

Church Member Hails Reverend Father As He Shoots A Gun During Service

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara
Forum | 12 hours ago

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello
Forum | 1 day ago

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello

Gov Uzodimma Appoints 16 Special Advisers
Forum | 2 days ago

Gov Uzodimma Appoints 16 Special Advisers