"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Why I Left Arsenal - David Luiz

Forum 2 years ago

Why I Left Arsenal - David Luiz

Former Arsenal defender, David Luiz has revealed that he left the club in a bid to win more trophies elsewhere.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/984a7acaee81463e949455043c1ea541.jpg

The Brazilian joined Arsenal from crosstown rivals, Chelsea, back in 2019 but departed following the expiration of his contract in June.

The veteran defender revealed that it was the club’s lack of ambition that lead him to look elsewhere.

“Both of us decided to split,” Luiz told the Daily Mail. “I came for two years and the aim was to win something, which I did (the FA Cup and Community Shield).

“Now, I think the club has a different project for the long term. They have different ideas. My idea is to win, win, win as soon as possible.”

“It will be the same as before — a club with ambition,” he added. “The offers so far, they did not touch my heart. I want to stay at a high level. Maybe that will be in the Premier League.

“I am working every single day. I want pressure, to be fighting for titles.

“I want that feeling of having to win every single week. That is why I have always played football, and why I still play. I want to feel alive.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Look for other clubs – Rivaldo advises Man Utd duo, Arsenal star
Forum | 4 hours ago

EPL: Look for other clubs – Rivaldo advises Man Utd duo, Arsenal star

EPL: Three players to leave Arsenal for free this summer
Forum | 17 hours ago

EPL: Three players to leave Arsenal for free this summer

ID Cabasa recounts how he cried after Olamide left his record label
Forum | 19 hours ago

ID Cabasa recounts how he cried after Olamide left his record label

Arteta confirms Premier League trophy will be at Emirates for Arsenal vs Everton
Forum | 1 day ago

Arteta confirms Premier League trophy will be at Emirates for Arsenal vs Everton