POOR GOVERNANCE!! When Last Did You Received 5 Naira Note? (WE NEED TO TALK)

Forum 2 years ago

POOR GOVERNANCE!! When Last Did You Received 5 Naira Note? (WE NEED TO TALK)

We seriously need to talk

As a concerned Nigerian, I have noticed that the lowest Naira note (5Naira) has disappeared in the market and Nigerians aren’t seeing what it has been causing and the worst this could still cause us.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/09efdbf54146d22850a212f64b82bf90.jpg

We feel like it is fine to do away with the N5, N10 notes just as we eradicated 50kobo and 1naira in the last two decades.

Only did you know that the eradication of the lowest note the less valuable the highest notes would be, the more economic crisis hit us.

I was asking a colleague this morning “when last did you see a 5 Naira Note?” He can’t remember the last time he touched the lowest denomination.

It’s cleared to me with the aid of research that the 5 naira had lesser value in 2018. Now 2021, it’s nowhere to be found and this has been affecting 10 naira too.

On January 1, 1973, the Central Bank of Nigeria introduced notes for 50 kobo, 1, 5, 10 and 20 naira. The 50 kobo notes were last issued in 1989. In 1991, 50 naira notes were issued, followed by 100 naira in 1999, 200 naira in 2000, 500 naira in 2001 and 1000 naira on October 12, 2005.

I won’t be surprised if this government print N5,000 note in sooner time.

There is nothing you can buy with 5 Naira note, absolutely nothing! And there’s also nothing you can buy to receive a 5 naira note as change. You can’t see any product at N15, N25 and so on.

When Last Did You Received 5 Naira Note?

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star
Forum | 13 hours ago

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star

BBNaija’s Teddy Sends Sweet Note to His Wife, BamBam on Her 35th Birthday
Forum | 16 hours ago

BBNaija’s Teddy Sends Sweet Note to His Wife, BamBam on Her 35th Birthday

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna
Forum | 1 day ago

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says
Forum | 2 days ago

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says