Didi Taihuttu earned his fortune after selling everything he owned for Bitcoin. Now he knows what it really means to be his own bank.
In 2017, before the cryptocurrency frenzy began, Didi Taihuttu made the decision of a lifetime: he sold all his assets and bought Bitcoin… at $900. Perhaps he was super happy a few months later when he achieved a 20X ROI, but now, with each coin trading above $46,000, Taihuttu has to think very hard about how to protect his fortune, considering that he is his own bank.
The way he safeguards his assets, as he told CNBC, involves making it virtually impossible to access his funds by using the entire world as his personal vault:
“I have hidden the hardware wallets across several countries so that I never have to fly very far if I need to access my cold wallet, in order to jump out of the market,”
The World Is Your Bank When You Have No Bank
Taihuttu does not want to reveal the amount of money he has, but it was known at the time that he put his house up for sale for 85 BTC. He also sold his car, motorcycle, his daughters’ toys, and even some household items.
Now, he spends his time traveling the world, taking pictures of himself wearing Bitcoin clothing, and offering consulting services. He has no major bank accounts, and his money is stored in at least 6 wallets distributed in Europe, Asia, South America, and Australia.
Taihuttu’s idea is to have at least one wallet in each continent. The only way to access those funds is to travel specifically to the location of the hard wallet, so this decision, although eccentric, is also practical considering his needs.
As he tells CNBC, he does not even rely on banking solutions for the custody of his hard wallets, which he hides in places as random as rental apartments or friends’ houses.
These wallets account for 74% of his funds. The other 26%, Taihuttu has in hot wallets that he uses to enjoy life, exchanging Bitcoin when he needs it.
Taihuttu Loves Bitcoin, But He Is No Maxi
In addition to Bitcoin, Taihuttu holds Litecoin and Ethereum. Clearly, he ought to have a significant amount of Bitcoin Cash tokens considering he bought Bitcoin before the fork; however, he has not disclosed such information.
Taihuttu has no plans to change either his lifestyle or his investment strategy. Just as Tom Lee, he also expects Bitcoin to reach at least $100K soon, at least according to an interview from 2020, although he is not afraid of drastic drops.
And so far, things seem to be going very well for him. Investing in Bitcoin has undoubtedly been the best financial decision he has made, and he does not hesitate to assure the media that Bitcoin is the gold of the 21st century.