Chelsea ace Pulisic opens up on mental health struggles

Forum 2 years ago

Chelsea ace Pulisic opens up on mental health struggles

Chelsea winger Christian Pulisic has spoken about his mental health struggles.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2ff908d68677f4f6373935f62f900d13.jpg

The American has never shied away from talking about current issues during interviews.

Pulisic, who enjoyed a successful past season with the Blues as they won the Champions League, spoke to the press ahead of the new campaign.

"It took me a while to realise that to speak up feels strong," Pulisic told the Daily Mail.

"I thought that I was too tough to need help. When it's all on you, it can really feel like a lot. Opening up, it's a hard thing for a lot of people, as it was for me. I reached out to a therapist and that's not something that anyone should ever be ashamed of.

"It was kind of building up, as it was for a lot of people. Not just living alone but everything being closed up. Covid times brought a lot of changes and things were happening in my life. I was lucky that people at Chelsea and the national team steered me in the right direction."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Anne Hathaway Opens up About ‘Gross’ Early 2000s Chemistry Tests
Forum | 3 days ago

Anne Hathaway Opens up About ‘Gross’ Early 2000s Chemistry Tests

NKST college of health postpones aptitude test date
Forum | 3 days ago

NKST college of health postpones aptitude test date

Chioma Adeleke Opens Up On How She Met Her Husband, Davido
Forum | 3 days ago

Chioma Adeleke Opens Up On How She Met Her Husband, Davido

Nollywood Actress, Amaka Chukwujewu Opens Up About Her Life, Reveals What Turns Her On
Forum | 4 days ago

Nollywood Actress, Amaka Chukwujewu Opens Up About Her Life, Reveals What Turns Her On