For The First Time Since May 12th: Bitcoin Fear and Greed Index is Neutral

Forum 2 years ago

For The First Time Since May 12th: Bitcoin Fear and Greed Index is Neutral

For the first time since May 12th, the Bitcoin market sentiment moved out of fear and is currently neutral, according to the popular Fear and Greed Index.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4d4410c53f29f0e5d543c5a788ad0dca.jpg

For the first time since May 12th, the well-known cryptocurrency market Fear and Greed Index is in the neutral zone. Before that, it was in a prolonged state of either fear or extreme fear.

Bitcoin Fear and Greed Index Goes Neutral

It goes without saying that the cryptocurrency market (as well as other markets) is particularly emotional. Whenever the prices are going up, people tend to get greedy, and vice-versa: when the markets start to slump, they get fearful.

Market sentiment is an incredibly important thing to monitor and be aware of when making an investment or trading decision.

One tool that gauges the current cryptocurrency market sentiment is the Fear and Greed Index. It measures data from various sources, which include volatility, market momentum, and volume, social media, surveys, dominance, and trends.

At the time of this writing, the index is in a neutral state, which hasn’t been the case since May 12th this year. Ever since that date, the prevailing sentiment has been either fear or extreme fear, which can be explained by the decreasing prices, overall stagnation, and indecisiveness.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7182a5f0eea02eaa2f399874aad45164.jpgChart by Alternative.me

What Does This Mean for Bitcoin’s Price?

The Fear and Greed Index we’re looking at for this specific report measures the sentiment solely for Bitcoin, and not the rest of the cryptocurrency market.

With this said, the sentiment is currently neutral, which is a sign of indecisiveness. In other words, the index shows that investors are still looking for a clear direction.

As CryptoPotato recently reported, BTC is still facing serious resistance at the $40,500 mark. That’s where we can find a confluence of technical indicators such as the bearish .382 Fib level and the 100-day moving average. This is the first imminent obstacle for the cryptocurrency.

As for the index itself, when it’s in a state of extreme fear, this usually signals a good buying opportunity, and when it’s in a state of extreme greed, it’s usually time to sell. However, when it’s neutral, it’s perhaps best to wait for directional confirmations.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing
Forum | 3 days ago

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing

The Fear Of Being Mocked Kept Me Silent – Nollywood Actor, Jamiu Azeez, Opens Op On Battle With Depression
Forum | 5 days ago

The Fear Of Being Mocked Kept Me Silent – Nollywood Actor, Jamiu Azeez, Opens Op On Battle With Depression

Mass Sack: We’re Now Living In Constant Fear – CBN Staff Speak Up
Forum | 6 days ago

Mass Sack: We’re Now Living In Constant Fear – CBN Staff Speak Up

BBNaija
Forum | 6 days ago

BBNaija's Chomzy’s Husband Shares Disturbing Post, Causes Fear Online