Jack Dorsey Sees Bitcoin as a Big Part of Twitter’s Future

Forum 2 years ago

Jack Dorsey Sees Bitcoin as a Big Part of Twitter’s Future

Jack Dorsey, the CEO of Twitter, said that Bitcoin should be a big part of the company’s future, at a quarterly earnings conference call.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cd0b777717f5538a27604d05ad45df75.jpg

Jack Dorsey, the CEO of Twitter – one of the largest social media platforms on Earth – said that Bitcoin will be a big part of the company’s future.

• Yesterday, July 22nd, Twitter published its Q2 2021 letter to shareholders, as well as its Q2 Earnings Conference Call.

• During the call, Jack Dorsey discussed many things, but Bitcoin and digital currencies took somewhat of a central stage, especially in light of current events and the fact that he’s been talking about it quite a bit.

I think this [read: Bitcoin] has a big part of our future. I think there’s a lot of innovation above just currency to be had, especially as we think about decentralizing social media more and providing more economic incentive. So I think it’s hugely important to Twitter and to Twitter shareholders that we continue to look at the space and invest aggressively in it. – Said Dorsey.

• He also stressed on the fact that if there were a global currency of the Internet, Twitter would benefit a lot because it could move quickly with some of its products such as the Tip Jar, Subscription, Commerce, Super Follows, and so forth.

• The CEO has been quite vocal about the importance of Bitcoin and its mass adoption.

• Earlier, as reported by CryptoPotato, the CEO revealed that his financial services company, Square, plans to build a hardware Bitcoin wallet to improve and spread its adoption.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

A Big Bold Beautiful Journey Cast: Phoebe Waller-Bridge & More Join Margot Robbie-Led Movie

Hacks Season 3 Trailer Sees Deborah & Ava Reuniting
Forum | 3 days ago

Hacks Season 3 Trailer Sees Deborah & Ava Reuniting

Age & Career Of Jack Stratton
Forum | 5 days ago

Age & Career Of Jack Stratton

My Collaboration With Rema Will Dictate Future of Nigerian Music – Pheelz
Forum | 1 week ago

My Collaboration With Rema Will Dictate Future of Nigerian Music – Pheelz