Umahi, Ayade, Matawalle’s defection part of Buhari’s achievement for Nigeria: Gov Bagudu

Forum 2 years ago

Umahi, Ayade, Matawalle’s defection part of Buhari’s achievement for Nigeria: Gov Bagudu

The recent defection of three PDP governors to the ruling APC is part of President Muhammadu Buhari’s achievements for Nigeria, says Governor Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f4bbed3766f08baa0b4f1ac4d3c4b2ba.jpeg

Mr Bagudu, chairman of the Progressive Governors Forum, stated this during a visit to Mr Buhari’s country home in Daura.

Mr Bagudu pointed out that three governors, Ben Ayade of Cross River, David Umahi of Ebonyi, and Bello Matawalle of Zamfara, left their former parties to join the APC because of Mr Buhari’s fatherliness, equitable character, and focus on “bottom-up development.”

“We are proud to have you as our leader. Your achievements and ideals are inculcated in all of us,’’ he noted.

The governors at the meeting with the president also included Mssrs Ayade, Umahi, Matawalle, and Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti, chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum.

Others were Aminu Masari of Katsina, Simon Lalong of Plateau and Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano, Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos, Abubakar Bello of Niger, Adegboyega Oyetola of Osun, and Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa.

The Kebbi governor further thanked the president for providing vision and strong leadership for the APC, adding that the regime’s efforts to mainstream agriculture as the mainstay of the economy are yielding results.

“I drove from Kebbi state to Daura and stopped to pick the Governor of Zamfara state, Bello Matawalle, and realised that for the eight hours of coming here, we didn’t see more than 10km of land that was not cultivated.

“It goes to show that the efforts to improve security are also paying off. Farmers are taking advantage and planting,” said Mr Bagudu.

He added, ”In six weeks, Your Excellency, you have commissioned projects in Lagos, Kano, Katsina, and Borno states and also launched some projects virtually.

“We appreciate the projects the federal government is doing in every state of the country and supporting governors, even those that are not so progressive.’’

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerian Man Arrested For Being In Possession Of Fake Naira Notes
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerian Man Arrested For Being In Possession Of Fake Naira Notes

Nigerian Govt to Sell Crude Oil in Naira to Dangote and Other Local Refineries
Forum | 2 days ago

Nigerian Govt to Sell Crude Oil in Naira to Dangote and Other Local Refineries

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair
Forum | 2 days ago

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair